PADI Instructor Courses (IDC) in London | Surrey | Berkshire
As a PADI 5* Centre we are one of the few dive centres in London and the South East that can offer the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC). The PADI Instructor Development Course lasts a few weekends and gets you prepared for the Instructor Exam (IE).
Once you've qualified as an Instructor then the world really is your Oyster! Whether you wish to teach in the UK, Maldives, Great Barrier Reef or Iceland, you can expect to get paid for the work that you do. As a PADI member you will also have access to their dedicated website which includes dive centres for sale and dive centres who are looking to recruit instructors.
Our London IDC's are run by PADI Gold Course Director Alex Griffin from London IDC. He has helped dozens of students successfully get through their Instructor Courses, he is extremely patient, thorough and friendly. His years of experience means that he is has a wealth of knowledge and contacts for you to utilise.
Our PADI Gold Course Director Alex Griffin teaches the latest techniques in a fun, friendly and interesting manner to ensure you pass.
Once qualified as a PADI Instructor you will be able to teach Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Emergency First Response, Rescue Diver and Divemaster Courses.
The IDC normally takes 2-3 weekends depending on how it's run.
Spring dates: 5-8 and 19-22 Apr leading into the IE on the 5/6 May in Bristol
Summer dates: 1-3 Jun. 15-17 and 30 Jun/1 Jul leading into the IE on the 14/15 Jul in Leicester
Summer dates: 10-12 Aug, 17-19 and 25/26 Aug leading into the IE on the 15/16 at Wraysbury
Winter dates: Gozo (Malta) 1-9 Nov with the IE on the 10/11.
You will learn to become a competent PADI Instructor and the course covers:
- Complete the full skill circuit of 24 basic scuba skills.
- Deliver presentations on parts of dive theory from the courses you’ll be qualified to teach.
- Give teaching presentations in confined water working with simulated students.
- Give teaching presentations in open water combining multiple skills with simulated students.
- Give a demonstration of a complete rescue scenario.
- Complete various workshops in the following areas: DSDs and Scuba Reviews, Adventures in Diving and Rescue and Marketing.
- Attend presentations on key areas of being a dive professional from the structure of individual courses to risk management and the business of diving.
Course price £1,195
E-learning £215 (if not already purchased with the AI)
Course materials £400 (if not already purchased with the AI)
Instructor Examination Fee (payable to PADI) £141
EFR Instructor Fee (payable to PAD) £89
You will also need to pay for transport to/from dive sites and entry fees.
In order to join one of our IDC's you first need to complete your Divemaster and Assistant Instructor Courses.
Assistant Instructor Course
The Assistant Instructor Course is the first part of the full Instructor Course, or it can be completed as a standalone course. The Assistant Instructor Course is normally completed over 2 weekends (4 days).
It teaches you to be able to teach:
- Give presentations on dive theory on the courses you'll be able to teach
- Demonstrate 24 scuba skills - called a skill circuit
- Teach presentations in confined and open water with simulated students
- Attend PADI's presentations
Cost = £450. This includes all training, equipment use and pool access. On top of this you will need to purchase:
E-learning pass £215
Course materials £400
Transport to/from dive sites and entrance fees
Assistant Application Fee (£61) to PADI upon completion