Dates: It’s up to you, you can choose to do it over a few weeks or several months, it really depends on your other commitments.
Price includes the new e-learning system of learning but excludes PADI materials (£195) and certification fee (payable directly to PADI).
If you’d like to take the first steps (or should we say fin kicks) to making Scuba Diving a part-time or full time career then the adventure starts with the PADI Divemaster. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. The Divemaster course is the prerequisite certification for the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certification. If you wish to become an instructor then we always think it’s good to gain some experience as a Divemaster first, so we include a free internship. The Divemaster course will make you an experienced and safer diver by increasing your knowledge and practicing skills with one of our highly trained instructors.
You’ll work closely with a mentor and PADI Instructor to expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to a professional level. You will put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises while having the chance to assist other students on real courses.
What Can You Teach?
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorised to:
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organising and directing dives
- Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
- Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkelling program
- Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
- Conduct the Refresher Course
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty.
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified Divemaster.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during:
- surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises
- when the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
If you are interested in becoming a PADI Divemaster then please contact us.